Scriptural outcomes of Humility
In the “Letterman List” style
10. Exaltation- Mat 23:12 For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
9. Salvation- Psa 18:27 You save the humble but bring low those whose eyes are haughty.
8. Sustenance- Psa 147:6 The LORD sustains the humble but casts the wicked to the ground.
7. Guidance- Psa 25:9 He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way.
6. Wealth, Honor and Life- Prov 22:4 Humility and the fear of the LORD bring wealth and honor and life.
5. Kingdom Greatness- Mat 18:4 Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
4. Rest for your souls- Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
3. National Healing- Revival!- 2 Chr 7:14 If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
2. Grace- James 4:6 But He gives more grace. That is why the Scripture says: “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”
1. God’s presence- Is 57:15 For this is what the high and lofty One says-He who lives forever, whose name is holy: “I live in a high and holy place, but also with him who is contrite and lowly in sprit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite.”